29 April 2005

TV Vs. DVD/VCR

I remember when I was a little girl (there she goes again with her boring speaches!), that whenever I got sick, and tried to watch some TV, I had to wait until everyone came back from school to watch cartoons or GOOD shows! There were no VCR's and most defenitely no DVD's. (And no, I'm not OLD, I can hear you thinking that!)

Now that TV has "grown up" there are hundreds and hundreds of TV channels to choose from in the US, well in here we have around 100 give or take... out of those, less than half are worth something during the day.

This past week I've been forced by an ear infection to stay home, move very slow or at least try not to move that much, so what can you do? Move your thumb to change the channel! LOL

Well, the first day my thumb was sore because of all the switch... " loose weight in 2 weeks!" ... switch! "with this incredible machine you'll have a great body in a few weeks!" ... switch! "with this ointment you will look younger in weeks!" ... switch! "learn English in 5 easy steps!" blah blah blah, get the message? Infomercials informercials... blah blah blah...

Well, thank God for DVD's and/or VCR's :) I can choose to watch whatever I want, stop it if I want, repeat a scene... well, I'm not saying anything new here.. but.. I'm glad there are other choices now to watch TV instead of waiting for the "prime time" hours to come and watch something descent!

So from now on I say.. they can have as many as they want, I won't be watching any, I rather watch my favorite movies/taped TV Shows :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very much agreed. I have a very set pattern on what I watch and when I watch it. There are 3 or 4 shows I'll watch. Other than that, it's all DVDs or no TV at all

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Infomercials are fun!! I am sucker for those. If there is a new gadget out I *will* watch the whole infomercial, especially coooking kits and art kits. I looove those juice making thingies and the chopping thingy too. :D

Infomercials... there isn't anything else worth watching. ^0^

Medusa's Cave said...

There is never "too much tv" unless you have a computer :D

Anonymous said...

Too many DVDs!


I bought 2 of the 50 movies sets, comedies and mysteries. I have 2 seasons of the 3,000 Miles In Search Of Mother anime. Both Mesa and Phoenix libraries have growing DVD collections, with many things actually worth watching! Carrie has I don't know how many seasons of both Inu Yasha and Child's Toy waiting to be watched.

And my next computer is going to have a DVD burner in anticipation of getting the hardware/software additions needed to hook up other entertainment machines to it (record player, vcr, tv...)

Anonymous said...

You need to post here more often!