27 April 2005

Pastimes

Well, a lot of you might know about my pastimes :) others may not, others may *think* they know everything.. but, not that much.

I got pastimes like everyone else, movies, internet, books, DVD's, computer games, etc.

But, there is this small little..."hobbie" you might say, or pastime, that I like to do and enjoy doing most of the time. Some people won't even have time for this, and they should do it.

Have you ever... and I mean actually stopped everything you are doing and look around? Actually take a look at your surroundings... I always enjoy waking up early and listen and I mean actually listen my surroundings, there are no cars, there are no people, no stereos no nothing.. just birds singing... it's actually very pleasant to the ear :)

In the evening, I enjoy going to my backyard, when everybody is settling in, listen to again the birds, feel the air, look at my garden, or when I come home in the bus, I enjoy the colors the sunset paints on the buildings... Corny? Maybe, but you might want to try it sometime, when you feel tired, stressed out or just feeling a bit blah... take a deep breath outside, take a look at your nice surroundings and think *why didn't I think of this before?"

Yeah, that's what I enjoy doing, crazy, corny, but it makes me realize that every day we have some small little gifts that because of our busy lives, we are not aware of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As someone who wakes up WAAAAY too early, I often step outside and look around the neighborhood in the early morning dark. Several of the neighborhood cats know of this habit and I often have one or two waiting to greet me.

Then, too, the sunsets in Arizona are often quite beautiful, so Carrie and I usually keep an eye out around dusk to see if we should pause our activities to go out front and watch.

-Anonymous Gerbil

Anonymous said...

I wake up earlier in the morning than I have to just so I can go to my bus stop and do such a thing. Seeing as I'm a slight insomniac going for a midnight stroll is always fun and really neat to do. Just to notice the subtle changes of your surroundings as time passes ever so gracefully:)

Anonymous said...

nice meddie:D
i need to make time to make one;)

patty