29 July 2008

Tragic News

Monday the 21st. I was supposed to be on vacation, that was Comic Con's week and I wanted to be with my niece for a bit, until I got a call on Monday morning saying that a brother of my immediate boss died and they needed me there.

So they picked me up and I went to work, then after work went to the wake, it was very sad looking at all the family crying (of course) and my boss, who is usually very strong and never shows his feelings, being devastated.

What happened was that they were driving in the highway going to a camping trip in Tecate, a drunk driver came on the oposit side very fast, in a curve, he invaded the other lane and he crashed head on to him.

My boss ran to his car, of course, they were following eachother's car, my boss saw his brother die, his daughter had crashed ribs and hurt her neck, nephew broken arm, niece is on a wheelchair, she hurt her spine, his sister in law is in the hospital with heart damage since she hit the dashboard with her chest, she still (that I know of) she does not know that her husband is dead.

Lesson here, please please please, don't drink and drive, even if you say "nah it's only one beer, or one drink" you don't know how much damage you do to *the others* when you are irresponsible, if you want to kill yourself, fine, go do it yourself and crash on a tree, just don't take innocent lives with you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girlfriend has to drive a lot for her work... really a lot.
And she loves to drink a glass of wine or cognac. But she has a simple rule: Alcohol and driving don't go together.
So when we are out and she drinks (as you may know I don't have a driving license) we will sleep at a hotel. The car stays at where it is.

Medusa's Cave said...

Wise choice Rob, never ever drink and drive, don't even think that because "it's just one" won't affect you.. because it will.